Monday, February 07, 2011

Hiatus

So, after my 8-month break from writing, I'm checking in! Hmmm....what has changed?

I finished my year at the middle school where I was trying to shape the young pre-teen minds of Memphis. Nothing left to say about that.

I got a NEW job teaching gifted classes at two elementary (!!!) schools. Gifted classes are SO fun...I didn't realize how much I missed teaching the gifted kids until I was back in the swing of things. The switch to elementary school has been challenging and the fact that I now have a 70-mile round trip commute each day is a bit taxing, but I love it. The majority of my students are engaged in the lessons and are engaging in their interactions. They want to learn and truly enjoy a challenge. It makes coming to work a joy.

My household has changed. Lily and I are on our own now. We are still in our house and have adjusted to the changes of single-parent-family living. Lily ADORES kindergarten and we are so blessed by her teacher this year. She has made some wonderful friends and loves seeing her cousins every day. We are going to be just fine. We are going to be better than fine-we are already pretty fabulous!

So, as I post from now on, I'm hoping my tone will be decidedly different. Posts about Lily will still be as glowing as ever. Posts about work will be happier. Posts about my life will be lighter and have more life than they have in a long time.

Here's to yet another chapter......

No comments: