Friday, March 24, 2006

More new skills...


Lily has learned that pages in books turn from the right over to the left. She will grab the right side of her doll book and pull the pages across until she hits the page with the "frizzy" hair. Then those fingers go right back onto the face of the doll so she can play with her hair.

She has also become quite the Cheerios champion! The first couple of times trying them were a little, well, trying. She would manage to shove most of her tiny fist into her mouth but then could not open up her fingers to get at the little "o" clenched inside. Sometimes, in her effort to make sure it was available to her, she ended up with it stuck to the outside of her hand while she wiggled her little fingers in her mouth. Now, she pinches each piece with her fingers before aiming towards her mouth. She has even tried banana chunks-those are a bit slippery, though, and require a lot of concentration.

Hopefully her airplane skills are growing-we are off to Scottsdale next week for a conference (for my new job.) Thankfully, my mom will be coming along as Lily's personal plaything for the weekend. With my husband's work schedule, bringing Lily with me was MUCH less of a hassle than leaving her here. I think that it also reiterates to my boss how important time with my daughter is to me...I already have my priorities set.

No comments: